clojure.xml serializing to XML

Timo Sand

Sep 13, 2016, 12:11:33 PM9/13/16
to Clojure Dev
clojure.xml doesn't seem to have a proper way of serializing clojure.xml/parse output to XML, so I thought I'd add a way to build the XML string.

I was going to simply create methods based on the emit logic.

Alan Thompson

Sep 13, 2016, 12:31:48 PM9/13/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Did you look at the emit and emit-str functions?  http://clojure.github.io/data.xml/#clojure.data.xml/emit
Alan

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM, Timo Sand <timo....@gmail.com> wrote:
clojure.xml doesn't seem to have a proper way of serializing clojure.xml/parse output to XML, so I thought I'd add a way to build the XML string.

I was going to simply create methods based on the emit logic.

Alan Thompson

Sep 13, 2016, 1:15:02 PM9/13/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com, timo....@gmail.com
Also, please notice that there is a difference between the GitHub project clojure/data.xml (https://github.com/clojure/data.xml) and the (older?) clojure namespace clojure.xml (https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/src/clj/clojure/xml.clj).  I'm a bit vague on the history and have been confused on this topic myself.
Alan

Timo Sand

Sep 13, 2016, 1:39:36 PM9/13/16
to Clojure Dev
I'm aware of clojure.data.xml, but wanted to improve clojure.xml. The question here is if that's worthwhile doing.

Alex Miller

Sep 13, 2016, 1:54:44 PM9/13/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
No, please focus on clojure.data.xml.