Old snapshot versions of t.a and c.t at github/master

Linus Ericsson

Jul 9, 2015, 8:30:55 AM7/9/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
When trying to solve an already reported dependency issue with
core.typed, core.async and quite many other libraries, I found that at
least two github master branches had inconsistent versions in the
project.clj and README.

The two repos I found inconsistent at a first glance is tools.analyzer
[1], where project.clj claims to be

"0.6.6-SNAPSHOT"

but the README states that the latest dependency is

[org.clojure/tools.analyzer "0.6.6"] (that is, not SNAPSHOT).

In Core.typed, project.clj [2] claims to be

"0.2.90-SNAPSHOT"

but the README state the latest version is

[org.clojure/core.typed "0.3.0"]

which is availiable and most likely work except for the known
t.a(.j)-dependency-problems.

It would (of course) be helpful to have the exact source of the two
released artifacts availiable at their respective github repos master
branches.

Should I file Jira tickets of the inconsistencies in these two repos
(and maybe check the rest of the clojure repos for similar
inconsistencies) or is this something related to the overall release
procedure, like a broken push-after-artifact-release hook?

[1] https://github.com/clojure/tools.analyzer/blob/master/project.clj
[2] https://github.com/clojure/core.typed/blob/master/project.clj

Thanks,
Linus

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Jul 9, 2015, 10:05:12 PM7/9/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
For all contrib I would rely on what the pom.xml says, and ignore the project.clj.

This is mostly undocumented, I'll add a comment to the core.typed project.clj.

Thanks,
Ambrose

Linus Ericsson

Jul 10, 2015, 6:11:46 AM7/10/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Of course.

When thinking of it, a loud and clear pointer in top of project.clj
that pom.xml is the truth would be even better.

/Linus

Linus Ericsson

Jul 10, 2015, 6:12:53 AM7/10/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com