build.clojure.org error when attempting Maven release

Alexander Taggart

Mar 19, 2018, 5:39:07 PM3/19/18
to Clojure Dev
Some release builds are encountering an error: https://build.clojure.org/job/tools.logging/366/console

The full impact of the error is not clear to me, but it does not prevent the release of the artifact.

Alex Miller

Mar 19, 2018, 5:46:39 PM3/19/18
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
I'm aware of the issue - it's due to the required JDK of some of the Jenkins plugins and the minimum JDK required by various contrib projects. As you noticed, it will actually fail over to a different mechanism and the build will succeed. The primary issue here is really trying to support JDK versions that are increasingly unsupported by our build infrastructure - ultimately we'll need to drop support for JDK 1.6 and 1.7.

Alex