Clojure 1.7 and Counterclockwise

Laurent PETIT

Dec 20, 2014, 5:05:02 PM12/20/14
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have tested Counterclockwise with Clojure 1.7.

There is a problem in Compiler.java, when getting system provided compiler options.

The OSGi environment is storing key/value pairs whose value is not of type String. This causes the cast to String here ( https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/src/jvm/clojure/lang/Compiler.java#L260 ) to throw a ClassCastException.

Please don't ask me why OSGi is doing such a silly thing, I just have no idea.

What I know is that CCW cannot work with Clojure 1.7 without fixing it (that is, adding an explicit instanceof String check before the cast).
I have not tested other OSGi environments, but it would be possible that those also have the problem.

May I open an issue on JIRA and provide a patch?

--
Laurent Petit

Laurent PETIT

Dec 20, 2014, 5:07:58 PM12/20/14
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
--
Laurent Petit

Laurent PETIT

Apr 29, 2015, 3:11:35 PM4/29/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
I have created an issue for this in JIRA, and attached a patch:

Please note that without this patch applied, Counterclockwise cannot use Clojure 1.7 internally. This forces me to use a patched version of Clojure, which is unfortunate.
--
Laurent Petit

Alex Miller

Apr 29, 2015, 3:43:44 PM4/29/15