Change to java.jdbc supported versions (CI needs updating)

Sean Corfield

Nov 23, 2015, 7:16:42 PM11/23/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Back in Clojure 1.3.0, exceptions that went through Reflector.java were wrapped in a RuntimeException and I modified java.jdbc to unwrap RTEs to (re)throw the underlying exception so that user code could safely catch SQLException types without having to worry about the wrapping.

That got fixed in Clojure 1.4.0 — see CLJ-855 — but I left the unwrapping in java.jdbc. Until today. JDBC-114 observed that you could not throw ex-info inside java.jdbc code because that was unwrapped (as an RTE). Since the unwrapping was only a workaround for Clojure 1.3.0 and being able to throw and catch arbitrary exceptions is more important, I have decided to drop support for 1.3.0.

I’ve updated build.ci/ci_data.clj to indicate java.jdbc has a minimum Clojure version of 1.4.0 — could someone do the rebuild magic so that CI no longer tries to test java.jdbc on 1.3.0? Thank you!

Note: the next release of java.jdbc will be 0.5.0 to indicate the breaking change in Clojure version support (much as 0.4.0 indicated dropping Clojure 1.2.1 support).

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Alex Miller

Nov 23, 2015, 8:05:31 PM11/23/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Reload in progress

Sean Corfield

Nov 23, 2015, 8:36:21 PM11/23/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Reload in progress

Thanks Alex. Looks good! Java.jdbc is only trying to build on 1.4.0 and above.

Sean