Eduction not IMeta

Marshall Bockrath-Vandegrift

Apr 12, 2016, 12:35:28 PM4/12/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that `Eduction` instances do not implement the `IMeta` interface. Is this intentional or should I open a JIRA issue?  Thanks,

-Marshall

Alex Miller

Apr 12, 2016, 12:54:59 PM4/12/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Why do you want it to?

On Apr 12, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Marshall Bockrath-Vandegrift <lla...@gmail.com> wrote:

I noticed that `Eduction` instances do not implement the `IMeta` interface. Is this intentional or should I open a JIRA issue?  Thanks,

-Marshall

Marshall Bockrath-Vandegrift

Apr 12, 2016, 1:26:46 PM4/12/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Parkour uses metadata as the mechanism for shipping collection-shape along with collections passing through MapReduce tasks functions.  So I want it on all Clojure collection-like types.

Or maybe to make a broader argument: I want it for the same reasons I'd want `Range`/`LongRange` to be `IMeta`, which they in fact are.  If the real fix is that those types (and potentially several others) should *not* implement `IMeta`, then fine, but otherwise the inconsistency creates additional cognitive load.

Alex Miller

Apr 12, 2016, 1:29:41 PM4/12/16
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, you can file a ticket.