Username

Anthony Grimes

Aug 11, 2012, 6:04:32 PM8/11/12
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Everyone probably already knows that a while back I started using my legal last name from my father's side of the family, Grimes, over the last name I used for a long time from my mother's side, Simpson. Pretty much everything except for Clojure dev stuff is amended to reflect the change.

I'm pretty sure I emailed Stuart Halloway (or some Stuart, they're all the same people anyways) and he said I should send in another CA. I can do that, but I can't change my username on JIRA. A little research reveals that it doesn't have this capability at all, and the only way to do it involves hacks, possible database corruption, and tears.

So I was wondering what I should do about the username. I guess my only option is to create a new user. I don't have a lot of contributions (in fact, the only contributions I do have are confluence page edits/adds, issues, but no code at all) under the anthonysimpson username anyways, so I don't think it'd be a huge deal. I just wanted to check to make sure that'd be the optimal solution.

Rich Hickey

Aug 12, 2012, 8:19:28 AM8/12/12
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
I looked into it. You're right, wow, that is a mess of a story on the JIRA side.

Yes, go for the new user. We might be able to bulk edit your old stuff to point to the new one.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rich

Anthony Grimes

Aug 12, 2012, 5:15:35 PM8/12/12
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Created a new user, anthonygrimes. I'll get the new CA sent along as soon as my printer cooperates. :)
August 12, 2012 7:19 AM