Conditional restarts for Clojure

Julian Gamble

Aug 28, 2014, 10:46:23 PM8/28/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Last month in Sydney Alain presented on - "From Common Lisp to Clojure - a personal journey". One of his biggest complaints was the lack of a 'conditional restart system' - that was common practice for Common Lispers.

I had never heard of it - but Alain insisted our debugging was held back by the lack of it. Sam Robertson (who will be presenting next month) also commented on it.

I saw today that there appears to be a library for conditional restarts in Clojure called Ribol
http://docs.caudate.me/ribol/

This appears to be based on an earlier initiative called errorkit:

I'm hoping Sam and Alain can explain to me what I'm missing out on by not using this :)

See you next month.

JG