[Job] ROKT Clojure team hiring in Sydney

Sam Roberton

Oct 11, 2016, 8:54:14 PM10/11/16
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
ROKT is hiring thoughtful, talented functional programmers, at all levels, to expand our Clojure team in Sydney.

ROKT is a successful startup with a transaction marketing platform used by some of the world's largest ecommerce sites.  Our Sydney-based engineering team supports a business that is growing rapidly around the world.

Our Clojure engineers are responsible for ROKT's "Data Platform", a web interface for our sales teams, our operations team, and our customers to extract and upload the data that drives our customers' businesses and our own.  We write Clojure on the server-side, and a ClojureScript single-page application on the frontend.

We don't have a Hadoop-based neural net diligently organising our customer data into the world's most efficiently balanced red-black tree (good news:  we won't ask you to write one in an interview) -- instead, we try to spend our time carefully building the simplest thing that'll do what the business needs done.  We're looking for programmers who can help us build simple, robust systems -- and we think that means writing in a very functional style -- whether that involves hooking some CV-enhancing buzzword technology on the side or not.

If you have professional Clojure experience, that's excellent, we'd like to hear about it.  If not, maybe your Java background has convinced you that FP is a saner direction to go.  Maybe you're a Common Lisper and you think Clojure might actually be a worthy successor to the One True Language (TM).  Or maybe your background is JavaScript, and React has convinced you that FP is such a good idea that you should use a language that encourages it.  If you like writing Clojure but lack real experience with it, we'd still like to talk to you.

If this sounds interesting, please contact me (Sam Roberton) at sam.ro...@rokt.com (obviously you'll want to contact me off-list, please!).  I'm an engineer on the Clojure team, and I'd be happy to talk to you about what we do and what we're looking for.

P.S.  Thanks, Leo, for the approval to post this here.

--
Sam Roberton
Lead Engineer (Data)