[SYD] CFP for the next clj-syd, 30th of October

Leonardo Borges

Oct 6, 2014, 7:08:50 PM10/6/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

clj-syd will be meeting again on Thursday, 30th of October.

You can RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/clj-syd/events/211844062/

If you're keen on talking, simply put it on the wiki:
https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Remember, lightning talks are totally fine add them on the wiki!

You can get some inspiration or add topics you'd like to hear about on
github issues: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/labels/talk-idea

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges
@leonardo_borges
www.leonardoborges.com

Leonardo Borges

Oct 12, 2014, 11:12:18 PM10/12/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've added a talk to the meetup - it will be a preview of something
I've been working on which I hope will be useful to people.
Regardless, I'm keen on feedback :) The talk:

• Leonardo Borges - @leonardo_borges - The Algebra of Library Design -
30mins-ish

Plenty of room for more talks thought so please sign up on the wiki:
https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings
Leonardo Borges
@leonardo_borges
www.leonardoborges.com

Leonardo Borges

Oct 15, 2014, 1:51:41 AM10/15/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Who would like to give a talk on Transducers? I'd love to hear more about it.

I also have spare Clojure stickers so if you give the talk, you'll get one :)

Sign up here: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges
@leonardo_borges
www.leonardoborges.com

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Leonardo Borges

Julian Gamble

Oct 25, 2014, 7:46:52 AM10/25/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I've added a talk to the wiki:
"Transducers - What are they?"

See you on Thursday.

Cheers
Julian

Leonardo Borges

Oct 27, 2014, 6:23:57 PM10/27/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Julian!

I'm looking forward to it!

Would any one be interested in giving a lighting talk?

It's only 5 minutes long and a great way to dip your toes into public
speaking! You can share a cool technique you've learned, a new library
you've been playing with etc... Let me know if you'd like to give it
a shot!

Cheers,

Leonardo Borges
@leonardo_borges
www.leonardoborges.com

Leonardo Borges

Nov 5, 2014, 7:16:49 PM11/5/14

You can RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/clj-syd/events/217908892/

If you're keen on talking, simply put it on the wiki:
https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Remember, lightning talks are totally fine so add them on the wiki!

Leonardo Borges

Nov 5, 2014, 7:59:31 PM11/5/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Of course the first line should read 27th of November :)

Thank, Bayan!

Leonardo Borges

Nov 19, 2014, 3:31:06 AM11/19/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Quick reminder our next meetup is in about a week.

Currently there are no talks. Remember, short, 5min lightning talks are totally ok too.

If you have an idea, just put it on the wiki: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Cheers,

Leonardo Borges

Nov 25, 2014, 11:46:37 PM11/25/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I've cancelled our meetup that would happen tomorrow as we have no talks scheduled.

We don't have a December meetup due to the holidays so we'll have a big nice break until we're back in January.

If you have female friends interested in programming, point them to ClojureBridge,  which will happen on Decenber 19th-20th: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/clojurebridge-sydney-tickets-14100933271

Happy holidays everyone!

Cheers,

Leo.

Leonardo Borges

Jan 17, 2015, 10:10:17 PM1/17/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

clj-syd will be meeting again on Thursday, 29th of January.

If you're keen on talking, simply put it on the wiki:

Remember, lightning talks are totally fine so add them on the wiki!

You can get some inspiration or add topics you'd like to hear about on our

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges

Leonardo Borges

Jan 26, 2015, 9:56:14 PM1/26/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Quick update that we have our first talk for 2015:

Mike Thompson - Re-frame: a Reagent Framework for SPAs - 30 mins. Exclusive worldwide launch :-)

There is plenty of room for more talks however so please don't hesitate to list it on the wiki if you'd like to share anything. Just put your name and talk title in the wiki: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Lightning talks are also much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Leo.

Julian Gamble

Jan 27, 2015, 7:19:38 AM1/27/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Another talk is up:

  • Julian Gamble - @juliansgamble - Express Yourself - Static checking of Multiple Type Dynamic Dispatch using Protocols - 15 mins.

Remember that lightning talks about "your experiences with a library" or rants on an experience with Clojure are welcome.

JG

Leonardo Borges

Jan 27, 2015, 9:16:39 PM1/27/15

I've updated the meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/clj-syd/events/219906336/

Leonardo Borges

Feb 12, 2015, 6:07:45 PM2/12/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

clj-syd will be meeting again on Thursday, 26th of February.

Leonardo Borges

Feb 18, 2015, 10:05:01 PM2/18/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder we'll be meeting again in a week!

As we have no talks scheduled so far, I'm thinking of following our Melbourne friends and running "Clojure office hours". From factual's blog (http://blog.factual.com/clojure-office-hours):

"At the beginning of every meetup, we give everyone a name tag, and provide a whiteboard with two columns, “teachers” and “students”. Attendees are encouraged to put their name and interests in both columns. From there, everyone can eat their food and read the whiteboard, and go in search of someone from the opposite column who shares their interests. Typically they form groups of two or three, sometimes with a few more people listening in."

I encourage everyone to come prepared with one or maybe two topics in mind that you'd like to know more about. Simple or complex, it doesn't matter. Chances are you will find someone with similar interests!

I'm looking forward to it!

In any case if somebody would still like to speak, feel free to put it on the wiki: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

We'll be able to accommodate at least 1-2 talks plus office hours.

See you soon!

Cheers,

Sam Roberton

Feb 19, 2015, 6:22:32 AM2/19/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
I vaguely promised (threatened?) a few people that I'd give a talk this month, so I've put my name down on the wiki.

The talk is tentatively titled "Web forms:  the tax returns of the internet", and depending how my weekend goes, it'll either be a presentation of some code to simplify the development of basic CRUD-style web apps in Clojure, or an attempt to pick the brains of everyone at the meetup as to what that code ought to look like.  Either way, as soon as I'm done rabbiting on, I'm going to be putting the topic down next to my name very much in the "students" column of the whiteboard, so expect a this-is-something-I'm-trying-to-figure-out talk, not a my-hammock-time-is-complete,-listen-to-my-wisdom talk!

See you all there.

Leonardo Borges

Feb 19, 2015, 6:39:46 PM2/19/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks Sam!

Julian Gamble

Feb 23, 2015, 6:56:39 AM2/23/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com, s...@samroberton.com
I've added a talk to the wiki page as well:

 - SimpleQueryEngine - A simple relational database in about 300 lines of Clojure. - 10-20 minutes

This is a slightly newbie focused talk.

JG

Rudi Engelbrecht

Feb 23, 2015, 7:00:10 AM2/23/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Nice ;-)

Leonardo Borges

May 11, 2015, 3:46:20 AM5/11/15
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

#cljsyd will be meeting again on Thursday, 28th of May.

You can RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/clj-syd/events/222448951/

If you're keen on talking, simply put it on the wiki:
https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Remember, lightning talks are totally fine so add them on the wiki!

I have also created a #cljsyd twitter account where we'll post links to the next meetups and things of general interest to Clojure developers. Here's the profile: https://twitter.com/cljsyd

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges
www.leonardoborges.com