[SYD] New #cljsyd CFP format

Leonardo Borges

Mar 15, 2016, 2:58:10 AM3/15/16
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We're going to shake how the CFPs are done a little. I'll still be sending them out each month but now instead of signing up  just for the next meetup you can put your name down for future meetups as well! How cool is that?

In a nutshell:
  - Head over to the wiki, it's been updated with dates for all meetups until November and a couple of people already signed up! https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings
  - Put your name down for a talk, even if you don't have an idea yet. This is a great way to push yourself to actually do it. If giving a talk is in your 2016 resolutions, there is no better time than now.
  - Seriously, do it! And encourage your friends to do so as well!

To kick start things, I see Sam Howie put his name down for April and I hear it's not an advanced talk. So why not make that meetup one where we invite as many new people to Clojure as possible and have intro talks? For the ones who think they don't know much Clojure this is a great opportunity to get involved :)

Don't forget to RSVP to the next meetup: http://www.meetup.com/clj-syd/events/229506412/ - and there is still room in the next meetup for more talks: https://github.com/clj-syd/clj-syd/wiki/Next-Meetings

Do get in touch if you have any questions!

See you next week!

Cheers,
Leonardo Borges