Development Progress

semperos

Dec 5, 2013, 2:48:57 PM12/5/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
All,

I wanted to give a small update on clj-webdriver development status, since it has slowed significantly this year.

Since I started clj-webdriver, very few people have contributed actual code to the project and no one else acts as maintainer (or has asked to), so development progress is directly related to my available free time. Since I have a family, very small children, local social obligations, and a need to maintain my professional skill set, I have not been able to give clj-webdriver much love this year.

If anyone is interested in helping me co-maintain this project, I will take the time to add clj-webdriver to my personal CI server or give Travis another try (I was getting non-deterministic results when I tried a while back) so that we can ensure visibility into the project's running status among maintainers. One of the ongoing maintenance tasks, as the Github issue queue reveals, is to bump the version of the selenium-server dependency as the Selenium WebDriver project makes progress, so that clj-webdriver can properly support the latest versions of browsers. This usually "just works," but if there is an API mismatch it requires time to track down what things have changed and make sure the test suite still passes.

Please let me know if you have any level of interest in helping, regardless of your level of Clojure skill or experience. Just having someone else accountable for reviewing/vetting pull requests and running the test suite across multiple browsers would be extremely helpful.

Regards,
Daniel Gregoire

Sean Corfield

Dec 5, 2013, 6:19:33 PM12/5/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that I have bandwidth to help in any substantive way but
my team and I use clj-webdriver on a daily basis and I wanted to thank
you for all the work you've put in, creating such a stable, useful
project!
> --

Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

semperos

Dec 10, 2013, 11:10:10 AM12/10/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Sean -- Thanks for your support!

I've received a few emails in response to this announcement and appreciate folks expressing interest and being willing to get involved. I've resurrected clj-webdriver on Travis CI so that I can have folks contribute, merge PR's and ensure visibility into the stability of the project. I need to make some changes to the test code to make it easier to run on the CI server and include tests for all the "sub-components" of clj-webdriver (Core vs. Taxi, window handling, etc., which are all currently in separate namespaces).

I'll post here again when I've made those last changes to the test suite.