Configuring a proxy server

J Irving

Mar 11, 2013, 11:04:07 PM3/11/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Is there a nice way to configure a proxy server? I see that firefox has profile support, and it looks like I can nominate a profile directory to be used; should I create a profile and just point at that? Or is there a better way? Ideally I'd like to configure this programmatically.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cheers, J

Mayank Jain

Mar 12, 2013, 2:56:16 AM3/12/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure about proxy server but this is how I add firebug to my default browser:
https://gist.github.com/firesofmay/5140851

For more check out this link as well:
https://github.com/semperos/clj-webdriver/wiki/Firefox-Support

If you do figure it out, do add the code to that links so others can use it too :)

Regards,
Mayank.

J Irving

Mar 12, 2013, 1:22:35 PM3/12/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
OK I figured it out, and added an example to the wiki page.

FWIW, I figure anything in the prefs.js file is fair game. I found the settings like this:

9:34:15 festival git master% grep proxy ~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox/Profiles/4761fzby.default/prefs.js
user_pref("network.proxy.http", "localhost");
user_pref("network.proxy.http_port", 8080);
user_pref("network.proxy.type", 1);

and was able to use exactly those preference names.

cheers, J

Daniel Gregoire

Mar 12, 2013, 10:29:53 PM3/12/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com