Is Safari not supported by Taxi API?

Mayank Jain

Sep 10, 2012, 1:04:58 AM9/10/12
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is Safari supported by clj-webdriver? In Taxi API Doc it says :

set-driver!

Set a default `Driver` for this thread, optionally sending it to a starting `url`.

Available browsers are `:firefox`, `:chrome`, `:ie`, `:opera`, and `:htmlunit`.

Thanks.

semperos

Sep 11, 2012, 11:32:09 AM9/11/12
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
I believe I did not add it in the past due to less-than-perfect parity of support. If anyone has time, you're welcome to add it and add a test suite for it (look at clj-webdriver.test.chrome for an example), and then issue a pull request.

Otherwise I'll tackle that after I finish fleshing out the DesiredCapabilities work and some other testing improvements I've been working on.

-Daniel

Mayank Jain

Nov 7, 2013, 2:45:55 AM11/7/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daniel,

Is safari supported by any chance?
When I do the following:

> (set-driver! {:browser :safari} "http://www.google.com")
NullPointerException   [trace missing]

Tested on Safari 6.0.5 (Mac OSX 10.8.5)
[clj-webdriver "0.6.0" :exclusions [org.seleniumhq.selenium/selenium-server]]
[org.seleniumhq.selenium/selenium-server "2.34.0"]

Thanks.

Daniel Gregoire

Nov 7, 2013, 12:37:34 PM11/7/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Safari is not included by default, in part because I do not personally own a Mac with which to test consistently.

Pull requests (and assumption of responsibility for keeping Safari support working) are welcome :)

Mayank Jain

Nov 8, 2013, 1:56:01 PM11/8/13
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Thanks.