Trying to use core.async in project with clj-webdriver is causing dependency issues

Stephen Gibbon

Sep 11, 2014, 3:34:46 AM9/11/14
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I have been happily using 0.6 of clj-webdriver, then tried to use a latest version of core.async, then started getting the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No such var: clojure.core.cache/through, compiling:(clojure/core/memoize.clj:52:3)

There are multiple mentions around of this issue, but not in relation to clj-webdriver. I created new lein proj and started adding in dependencies until I found clj-webdriver was causing the conflict. Pulling down clj-webdriver shows it using the cache lib so I guess it makes sense.

I forked and updated all deps for clj-webdriver and now all is working fine, at least as far as my use of clj-webdriver goes, and also its own unit test with firefox. WebDriver even got bump in version.

I thought I'd share in case someone else tries to drop core.async into whatever they are doing and see that same error.

For anyone interested, the updated build is on Clojars as com.gibbonspace/clj-webdriver (although it isn't signed and hasn't been promoted... I'm new to the tool set and processes).

- Steve

Fernando Dobladez

Sep 11, 2014, 8:21:23 AM9/11/14
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
You could get away with it using :exclusions... no need to re-build clj-webdriver.

I mean, something like this in your dependencies:
      [clj-webdriver "0.6.1" :exclusions org.clojure/core.cache]

I haven't tried, but it should work.

Also, for the next time you need to troubleshoot dependencies, `lein deps :tree` is your friend.

Fer

Stephen Gibbon

Sep 11, 2014, 4:54:30 PM9/11/14
to clj-we...@googlegroups.com
Yep, using the exclusion fixed it.

[clj-webdriver "0.6.1" :exclusions [org.clojure/core.cache]]

And thanks also for the tip with lein deps :tree. That's going to be very helpful.

Cheers, Steve

semperos

Aug 15, 2015, 8:37:36 AM8/15/15
to clj-webdriver
Late is better than never, right?

The 0.7.2 release of clj-webdriver depends on the latest core.cache. In the upcoming 0.8.0 release, it will be removed entirely as a direct dependency.

-Daniel