A whole bunch of sketches

Erik Svedäng

Jan 12, 2015, 3:55:16 AM1/12/15
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's fun to look at other people's sketches. I made a bunch of them in December for my digital advent calendar, it's over here: http://eriksvedang.github.io/Advent/

The doors that contain things done with Quil are:

17. Glimmer
3. Spaceship A
16. Spaceship B
1. Great Waves
8. Churn
6. Dancer
12. Nanoscopic
15. Emerald
23. Dry Paint
20. Eye
18. Hyper
4. Genesis
13. Train Window

If any of them would fit for the Quil front page I can try to adapt those for the smaller size.

Cheers!
Erik

Nikita Beloglazov

Jan 13, 2015, 1:31:59 AM1/13/15
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
That's really great, Erik! Obviously I'd like to have all of them, but some might not suite 200x200 size well.
I would try adapting following for quil.info:

* one of spaceships (they're cool! look like real hand drawing)
* great waves
* dancer
* emerald
* hyper
* dry paint

Of course you're free to add others if you think they would look good in small size. Do you need help with adapting for small sizes? Ideally they should be auto-adaptable: on main page we show them in canvas 200x200 but when you open them in online editor and run them, sketches rendered in 500x500.

Out of curiosity, have you tried drawing in 3D with :p3d renderer?

Thanks,
Nikita

Erik Svedäng

Jan 13, 2015, 7:21:22 AM1/13/15
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks! Yeah the spaceships are scanned drawings.

I think most of them should already be auto adaptable. I will go through them and see how they look at different sizes.

I have not tried :p3d, is that supposed to be faster?

Cheers,
Erik

Nikita Beloglazov

Jan 13, 2015, 11:04:30 AM1/13/15
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com

No, not faster. It's  3D, not 2D, new class of sketches. Was curious whether you have something in 3D.

Erik Svedäng

Jan 13, 2015, 5:23:33 PM1/13/15
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see =)
Nope – not yet, but that sounds like a good next step!