Re: quil, flip image

Nikita Beloglazov

Jul 19, 2017, 11:39:02 PM7/19/17
to Heow Goodman, clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
+clj-processing

Hi Heow

Yes, pixel transformation is one way to achieve that. But I think it might be slow. Alternative approach which might be better is to specify transformation matrix using apply-matrix. If you use clojure version of quil - then you're good and you can use 2d version of that function that takes 6 parameters. Matrix that flips image is pretty simple:

flip horizontal
+----+---+---+
| -1 | 0 | 0 |
+----+---+---+
|  0 | 1 | 0 |
+----+---+---+

flip vertical

+---+----+---+
| 1 |  0 | 0 |
+---+----+---+
| 0 | -1 | 0 |
+---+----+---+

Nikita

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:57 PM Heow Goodman <he...@alphageeksinc.com> wrote:
Nikita, wonderful job with Quil!  It's quite a project, I really love
your documentation, it's a delightful package.

Just a quick question I've been trying to figure out, how do I go about
flipping an image (making a mirror image).  Do I use the pixel
transformations or is there a better way?

Thanks!

- Heow

Nikita Beloglazov

Aug 28, 2017, 12:23:56 AM8/28/17
to Heow Goodman, clj-pro...@googlegroups.com, nor...@gmail.com
Hi Heow

Adding +clj-processing, quil-related mailing list. And adding +Максим Карандашов who is the most familiar with font loading and looked into some font-related issues few months ago.

Nikita

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Heow Goodman <he...@alphageeksinc.com> wrote:
Hey Nikita, I'm having trouble loading TTF fonts in CLJS using
create-font.  It works great in CLJ but not CLJS.

Any idea of what's going on?

Also I do appreciate the quick feedback you've been giving me, thanks again!

- h