take the quil pixel test challenge!

Heow Goodman

Sep 21, 2017, 4:01:38 PM9/21/17
to clj-processing
Hey guys, I created a sample quil sketch to show some odd behavior I'm seeing when trying to get pixel values.

https://github.com/heow/quil-pixel-test

It fails based on browser and location (local or remote), you can test it yourself just by going here.

Any thoughts as to what's going on?

- h

P.S. Thanks Nikita for the sample code!

Nikita Beloglazov

Sep 22, 2017, 3:19:29 AM9/22/17
to clj-processing
Hi Heow

According to screenshot by "local" you mean opening html file using file:// protocol. That way of loading html pages is tricky and browsers have some security around it. Usually I try to avoid using file:// protocol as much as possible exactly because of this. Instead, for local development, you can start a local http server using python. Just run "python -m SimpleHttpServer" in the directory with html file and then open http://localhost:8080/file.html

There was a similar issue a few months ago: https://github.com/quil/quil/issues/213

Nikita

Heow Goodman

Sep 22, 2017, 8:44:57 AM9/22/17
to clj-processing
Wonderful, thanks!  This has been driving me nuts.

- h