Crunchy Text

nick rothwell

Sep 21, 2013, 7:05:28 AM9/21/13
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
The "Word" example from Processing looks pretty crunchy when translated into Clojure/Quil. Is there a smoothing option I can apply? (This is OS X, Java 7.)

Dan Bernier

Sep 21, 2013, 8:24:37 AM9/21/13
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Just a guess, but is there any chance you're rendering it twice, and not clearing the background first? It often looks like that - crunchy and heavy.

(I'm assuming you're already using `smooth` for anti-aliasing.)

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 7:05 AM, nick rothwell <cassi...@gmail.com> wrote:
The "Word" example from Processing looks pretty crunchy when translated into Clojure/Quil. Is there a smoothing option I can apply? (This is OS X, Java 7.)

twitter @danbernier
http://wordcram.org | http://newhavenrb.org

nick rothwell

Sep 22, 2013, 6:06:38 AM9/22/13
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that seems to be it - thanks. I guess I was just layering some anti-aliasing repeatedly.

I also forgot about the "smooth" option to createFont(), although that seems to make no difference - perhaps it's on by default.