Need a simple example of Quil and Overtone integration

Ricardo Sanchez

Apr 5, 2013, 4:21:43 AM4/5/13
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking for a simple example of Quil and Overtone working together, so a circle changes its dimensions depending of an input sound or something like that

Sam very kindly point me to a work-in-progress project but it was a bit difficult for me to extract what need :P

Any help will be much appreciated

Alexander Kehayias

Sep 29, 2013, 1:25:45 PM9/29/13
to clj-pro...@googlegroups.com
Here's a very simple example of hooking up Quil to Overtone using input from a midi controller. https://github.com/alexkehayias/smithereens. Load both sound and visualizer namespaces and have a midi keyboard connected to your computer. You may need to do additional setup depending on your midi controller and operating system.

I would recommend using midi or osc messages for coordinating between the the visuals and sound instead of using audio input directly.