emissions factors

Juliette Barré

Jun 12, 2014, 6:28:42 AM6/12/14
to climate-analysis...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm checking some data sources in an excel file for my company. One off the references is: "Climate Analysis Indicators Tool (CAIT) Version 8.0. (Washington, DC:  World Resources Institute, 2011)" related to emissions factors in gCO2e/kWh. I wasn't able to find this emission factors on the CAIT 2.0 website could you help me?

Thanks in advance,
best,

Juliette Barré

Message has been deleted

CAIT

Jun 20, 2014, 6:34:51 PM6/20/14
to climate-analysis...@googlegroups.com
Dear Juliette,

Thank you for your interest in CAIT 2.0. As you might have noticed, the current iteration of CAIT does not contain your requested data regarding emissions factors.
Since the launch of CAIT 2.0 we have been working to bring back many of the indicators that were part of CAIT 1.0 and we are planning to publish this indicator (CO2/kWh) in a future release, but it is not currently publicly available.

You are currently only able to calculate emission intensity (that is CO2/toe) from CAIT data by downloading the energy use data and the indicator that you want to relate it to (CO2 or GHG emissions).

You can also find calculated data from the IEA.

Hope this helps and All the best,
The CAIT Team