CAIT-U.S. GHG Emissions Data Now Online

Tom

May 7, 2012, 3:14:53 PM5/7/12
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
WRI is pleased to announce recent updates to the U.S. state data sets
in WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool (CAIT-US).

Specifically:

• GHG emissions data through 2009 are now available for all 50 U.S.
states and the District of Columbia at: http://cait.wri.org/cait-us.php.

• Socioeconomic indicators and natural factor indicators have been
updated, where applicable. Please see specific indicators at
http://cait.wri.org/cait-us.php for additional information.

• In the coming weeks, we also plan to make a subset of these new data
available through Google’s Public Data Explorer (http://www.google.com/
publicdata/explore?ds=z8cs5f2mcjthet_). Please check back soon.

If you have any questions regarding the latest CAIT data updates,
please reply to this Google Group post.

Best regards,

The CAIT Team (Tom & Kevin) at
World Resources Institute

Stacia Dreyer

Jan 14, 2013, 11:00:39 PM1/14/13
to climate-analysis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom and Kevin,

Do you know if anyone at WRI, or elsewhere, has taken the CAIT-US data and evaluated each state on a grading basis, similar to a report card?  I am looking for a way to compare states based upon a variety of climate related issues.  I think the CAIT-US data is a great starting point, however, my research partner and I personally lack the knowledge to be able to translate the numbers reported in the database into an overall indicator of state performance.  Or, do you know of any published work or grey literature that analyzes state-level differences in CO2/GHG emissions and/or action on climate change such as climate policy?

If nothing of this sort has been done as of yet, do you know anyone I could contact to receive help with this part of the research?  On a side note, thank you for allowing public access to the CAIT database...it is greatly appreciated!

All the best,
Stacia

Stacia Dreyer, MEd
Graduate Research Fellow | Sustainability Solutions Initiative
Department of Psychology | School of Economics
University of Maine, Orono
This conversation is locked