Australia's CO2 emissions profile

Nagarajan Swaminathan

Nov 11, 2011, 2:50:08 PM11/11/11
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
Hi,

I am doing a Masters Course, and currently engaged in an assignment
relating to environment. I am not able to get information on end use
sectors such residential, industry and commercial. This information is
required for Australia. I saw the chart where the sector GHG emission
flow have been captured by CAIT, which is really very impressive. I
was wondering whether such information is available for Australia.

I need information as indicated below:

Profiles for CO2 emissions, GDPs (or Value Added) for the following
sectors of the Australian economy: energy, electricity, transport,
industry, residential, agriculture, commercial, and others for the
years 1950, 1970, 1990, 2000, 2010, and 2050

With kindest regards,

Nagarajan.

Tom

Nov 15, 2011, 10:17:22 AM11/15/11
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
Dear Nagarajan,

Thank you for your post. The CAIT website (http://cait.wri.org) has
sectoral emissions data (e.g., electricity, transport, agriculture,
and 'other fuel combustion' - which includes residential and
commercial energy consumption) for Australia (and many other
countries) for some of the years in which you are interested. GDP data
can also be found there.

For more detailed estimates of end-use emissions, such as those
depicted in the global flow chart you mention, the best source is
likely to be the International Energy Agency (IEA). They annually
report emissions for end-use sectors that are more highly-resolved
than those in CAIT. Their estimates however include CO2 from energy
use only.

I hope this information is useful. Please let me know if you have any
additional questions.

Cheers,

--Tom Damassa, CAIT manager

On Nov 11, 2:50 pm, Nagarajan Swaminathan
This conversation is locked