energy use units

Laura

Mar 30, 2012, 4:13:42 PM3/30/12
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
For each country's Energy Use, data is reported in thousand tonnes of
oil equivalent. Should it actually be in million tonnes of oil
equivalent?

Tom

Apr 3, 2012, 9:48:39 AM4/3/12
to WRI's Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
Hi Laura,

Thank you for your question. I believe the units in CAIT are correct -
note that for many countries, they are already listed as "thousand
tonnes" in the table, so for example, Canada's 2008 total would be
approximately 267 million tonnes of oil equivalent. However, if
there's another source of information that leads you to believe we
have presented these data incorrectly, please let me know.

Best regards,

--Tom, CAIT manager
This conversation is locked