difference in "world" and "total" numbers?

Sandra Banholzer

Jan 9, 2014, 6:06:19 PM1/9/14
to climate-analysis...@googlegroups.com
It might just be an understanding issue on my side, but why are the "world" and "total" values different? If I download the data and sum up all the individual country values I reach the same value as the "total" value, so what is then  the "world" value?
Any hint is appreciated.

Cheers
Sandra

CAIT World Resources Institute

Jan 30, 2014, 11:13:46 AM1/30/14
to climate-analysis...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your message.

The 'world' value is calculated by combining the data from our data sources by applying the CAIT 2.0 methodology. The 'total' value is calculated by adding up the countries that are currently selected in the CAIT 2.0 interface.

The difference in value (if all countries are selected) is present, because the international emission data set does not include all countries. This why the 'world' value is slightly higher than the 'total' value.

I hope this helps.

Best,
The CAIT 2.0 Team