Clearskies team, short bio

Pedro Larroy

Mar 31, 2014, 7:03:38 PM3/31/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
Hi

If you are a cs contributor or you want to contribute in the future and want to be listed in the bountysource fundraiser (https://www.bountysource.com/teams/clearskies/fundraiser) or in a bio section of a future webpage, please reply to this message with a short bio of a cuple of lines of yourself.

Thanks.

Pedro.

Steven Jewel

Mar 31, 2014, 7:54:44 PM3/31/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
It seems like the fundraiser needs a more concrete action list. In
other words, if it's funded, how will the money be spent?

For example, Pedro, if you're able to switch to working half-time at
your job for a year and work on clearskies for a year at 20 hours per
week if the project is funded, then that's what it should say.

I personally don't have that much flexibility, so am not looking to be a
participant in this fundraiser.

Steven

Pedro Larroy

Mar 31, 2014, 8:40:57 PM3/31/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jewel

It's a good point. The idea was to give bounties for some tickets, bugfixes etc, like the D programming language does for example. I don't think we will raise enough to justify having somebody working half-time, but it can be anyone.

I already dedicate a lot of my spare time to this project, so for me personally it doesn't make any difference if it gets funded or not, other than that we can pay for servers for the tracker for example or testing infrastructure, and my motivation behind the project is not money or quit my day job.

I think you are an important contributor, and having a short bio doesn't have anything to do necesarily with the funding if you don't want to be involved.

Pedro.

Pedro Larroy Tovar   |    http://pedro.larroy.com/

André Pereira

May 14, 2014, 7:02:36 AM5/14/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
Spending the funding on servers and rewards for issues seems fine by me, as Larroy said, D language seems to be working well with that model.

André Pereira

May 14, 2014, 7:03:59 AM5/14/14
to clearsk...@googlegroups.com
Here ya go:

André Pereira
MsC Electrotechnical Engineering, hardware tinkerer since age 5 and software enthusiast since age 10, loves technology and what we can achieve with it, especially with cryptographically secure data.