Resources about acceptance/functional testing

Rainer Blessing

Feb 16, 2018, 1:11:38 PM2/16/18
to Clean Code Discussion
Hello Clean Coders,

I'd like to create acceptance/functional tests for a e-commerce site. I am looking for an option how to set up the test data in the data base and also some general example how to best create the tests.

Can you recommend any courses, videos, articles, books?

Thanks!

Rainer

George Dinwiddie

Feb 26, 2018, 12:59:00 PM2/26/18
to clean-code...@googlegroups.com
Rainer,

You ask a big question without much information on the context.
The Cucumber School video course (https://cucumber.io/school) is a great
intro to using BDD and the Three Amigos to create the tests. I've used
dbUnit for setting up test data for tests implemented with Java. I've
also used the Adapter Pattern to isolate my domain model from the
database, allowing the adapter to be mocked for testing. (see
https://leanpub.com/EvolutionaryAnatomy/) These ideas might give you
starting points.

- George