Class2Go, initial configuration

Zdzislaw Meglicki

Apr 23, 2013, 3:33:14 PM4/23/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net
Greetings,

I've just configured Class2Go on my server following steps in

https://github.com/Stanford-Online/class2go/blob/master/README_SETUP.md#linux

on Debian Linux. Everything worked fine.

Finally, I've started the Class2Go server with

python ./manage.py runserver 8080

and... whereas I can connect to http://localhost:8080, I cannot connect to http://cottesloe.ovpit.indiana.edu:8080, where cottesloe.ovpit.indiana.edu is the host name, not even from the server itself. The port, I believe, is open to the world. I recall that with some other similar servers I sometimes have to tell the server that it should respond when connections are made to it using the machine's network name. Is there something similar in Class2Go? If so, how do I configure this?

Regards,
Zdzislaw Meglicki
http://perth.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav/

Zdzislaw Meglicki

Apr 23, 2013, 5:02:59 PM4/23/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net
Ah! I got it. It's to do with how django is started. The following did the trick

python manage.py runserver 156.56.71.34:8080

Yepp..., I'm new to Django...

Jason Bau

Apr 23, 2013, 8:05:21 PM4/23/13
to Zdzislaw Meglicki, class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net
Note that you probably don't want to use the django web server in production.  Look into something like apache + wsgi instead.

Zdzislaw Meglicki

Apr 24, 2013, 10:38:13 AM4/24/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, Zdzislaw Meglicki, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net
What is it then that I've just downloaded from

https://github.com/Stanford-Online/class2go.git

Is it a demo, or a development environment? How would I run this stuff on apache+wsgi?
Is there some documentation available that would advise how to do this?

Zdzislaw Meglicki
http://perth.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav

Jason Bau

Apr 24, 2013, 1:44:17 PM4/24/13