[Create a new Instance of class2go]

Carlos A.

Mar 8, 2014, 8:02:48 PM3/8/14
to class2g...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I am trying to create a new instance of class2go for the university where I am studying. I am a newbie in this matters. Can anyone please help me with a few instructions? I have already installed the class2go platform on a local machine...

Andrei Krishkevich

Mar 9, 2014, 5:37:08 PM3/9/14
to class2g...@googlegroups.com
Class2Go is not an active project anymore. See the announcement pinned to the top of this group. The good news is that efforts are now going to developing an open-source edX project. That one is getting pretty mature, and it's not difficult to set up. Check it out.

Sef Kloninger

Mar 9, 2014, 7:57:17 PM3/9/14
to Andrei Krishkevich, class2g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the good answer Andrei.  Indeed he is right.  I'm on the team that wrote/maintained class2go, and we haven't touched it for nearly a year now.  All our energy has gone into open edX now and we're having fun on that codebase.  Check it out at http://code.edx.org/ and groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/edx-code.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Andrei Krishkevich <kolb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Class2Go is not an active project anymore. See the announcement pinned to the top of this group. The good news is that efforts are now going to developing an open-source edX project. That one is getting pretty mature, and it's not difficult to set up. Check it out.

David Glance

Mar 10, 2014, 12:08:10 PM3/10/14
to class2g...@googlegroups.com
I think "not difficult to set up" needs to be qualified - easy enough in dev - not so easy in production - especially when you try and run classes on it. This is especially so in comparison to Class2Go.

Sef Kloninger

Mar 10, 2014, 12:31:46 PM3/10/14
to David Glance, class2g...@googlegroups.com
Sigh.  Yes, David is right, openedx is challenging to run at production scale currently.