Adding instructors...

Zdzislaw Meglicki

May 20, 2013, 4:48:00 PM5/20/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net, gus...@indiana.edu
I want to add instructors to the site. Right now I have created a course, and selected one of the registered users to belong to the instructor group for the course, and the user can indeed edit the course, which is good. This user is going to teach.

But there is another form in

<site>/adminc2g/instructor/add

otherwise known as

Home > C2g > Instructors > Add Instructor

that lets me define an instructor too, a general one, not associated with any course, and provide
additional information such as biography and photo. The only mandatory item in this form is "Handle".
So, my question is if I can point this form to an already registered user. If so, what should I put
in the handle.

For example, the user I'd like to make such an instructor is

<site>/adminauth/user/3

otherwise known as

Home > Auth > Users > Gustav

What is the handle that points to this user?

Now, why do I want this? On the course page, the one displayed to users on the course registration form, there is a brief course description and underneath it says "No instructor information is available at this time. Check back soon!" How do I add this information? Isn't this information obtained from the "instructor" form? Can a user that is a member of the instructor group provide this information somehow?