Re: [CityGrid Dev Talk] Removing listings on citygid/citysearch

Quintanilla, Mariena

May 29, 2013, 7:38:16 PM5/29/13
to A Bell, citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Bell,

We do not remove listings when they are closed as consumers who have visited a closed business may want to find it's information and know that it is closed and also use that as an opportunity to show the new business at that location or provide consumers a way to find similar businesses that are open.

I noticed these listings are closed on the profile pages but are still showing open on our search results page.  If customer service recently made the change to close the business please wait a couple days for the update to reflect in our search results.

Thanks,
Mariena Quintanilla
Director of Product Management, CityGrid

On 5/29/13 2:49 PM, "A Bell" <alisnew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, why is it so difficult to get a listing removed when a business has closed? I am trying to get my listings closed for the sake of the new business coming in. It interfers with their search ratings, as they have the same address and a similar name. The customer support has offered little help except to put the words "reported closed" by the listing, which does no good at all. The new business is not happy and will not want to advertise with your company due to the difficulty experienced with customer service. Can you help me get these listings closed?

http://ogden.citysearch.com/profile/707987940/centerville_ut/dave_s_complete_auto_svc.html

http://ogden.citysearch.com/profile/768580730/centerville_ut/dave_s_complete_auto.html

http://ogden.citysearch.com/profile/10345539/centerville_ut/dave_s_complete_auto_svc.html

http://ogden.citysearch.com/profile/690492640/layton_ut/dave_s_complete_automotive.html

http://ogden.citysearch.com/profile/690492640/layton_ut/dave_s_complete_automotive.html

David and Ali Bell,  owners Dave's Complete Auto