Re: [CityGrid Dev Talk] Limit review sources

Quintanilla, Mariena

May 14, 2013, 12:11:57 PM5/14/13
to Jason Ribeira, citygrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

We update foursquare reviews once a week.  Some sources we get daily reviews but others weekly.  There is no way for a requester to limit sources today.

Thanks,
Mariena

On 5/7/13 5:48 AM, "Jason Ribeira" <jay....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to limit which sources you get reviews from with the citygrid API.

It seems your data for other sources is not consistently updated, so for example, searching for reviews for a restaurant with citygrid will show the latest tip from foursquare being about 5 days old when with the foursquare api, you get all the more recent tips that have happened in the past day or so.

So I do not want to use citygrid to get reviews for other websites, I want the most recent data for everything, I want to be able to limit the sources to maybe only citysearch reviews, or whichever I choose.

Is this possible?

Obviously there are ways around this by retrieving a large amount of reviews and then just removing the ones that are from foursquare or wherever manually, but that it less than ideal.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.