Idea: Pay for parking meters with your phone via an app.

Bytemarks

Dec 6, 2011, 2:41:41 PM12/6/11
to cityc...@googlegroups.com
Discussion for: Pay for parking meters with your phone via an app.

John Garcia

Dec 6, 2011, 2:54:53 PM12/6/11
to cityc...@googlegroups.com
Love this idea. Would be happy to pilot on Auahi Street at The Green House. Maybe even host a poll or other survey to collect data from our users who are parking with meters daily.

Also, love the idea of the real-time bus app. Mike Prasad was here last night and needed a cab and had to ask for taxi numbers, etc. There was mention about other apps like Taxi Magic that will call a cab at the press of a button in an app. The driver gets your message, sees your location via GPS and arrives. It also tracks the cab and gives you an estimate.

Cool stuff! If there's anything The Green House can do to help, please let me know! Would also be happy to do some UX/UI design for any future applications.

Mahalo for everything!

Best Regards,

John Garcia | Founder, The Green House Innovation Hub
685 Auahi Street, Kaka‘ako

t: @higreenhouse

Todd Ogasawara

Dec 6, 2011, 3:04:35 PM12/6/11
to cityc...@googlegroups.com
The Honolulu Zoo Parking lot meters can be fed using ParkMobile (Android, iOS, BlackBerry). Would be nice to have it spread to other city controlled lots. http://us.parkmobile.com/

Aryn

Dec 23, 2011, 5:46:22 PM12/23/11
to cityc...@googlegroups.com
this would be easily done if we had wifi all over the place, so the meters could easily report and make charges.