Connecting to S3 bucket with Apache Drill

Jack Ingoldsby

Jun 7, 2017, 5:43:55 PM6/7/17
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hi,
I have an assignment where I'm trying to connect to S3 (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tripdata/index.html) using Apache Drill. My issue is that Drill seems to require  an AWS AccessKey and SecretKey, even though the S3 bucket seems to not require a key to connect.

Is there some sort of publicly available AWS key for Citibike I can use to connect?

I don't anticipate too much usage but it would be useful for my proof of concept for connectivity.
Thanks,
Jack

Jack Ingoldsby

Jun 8, 2017, 12:02:49 PM6/8/17
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers

BTW, am only looking for read access obviously