Event - Tuesday, Best of CfA Summit

Noel Hidalgo

Oct 10, 2015, 5:26:09 PM10/10/15
to citibike...@googlegroups.com
Two weeks ago, CyclePhilly won an Government Innovation award at the Code for America Summit. If you're into how technology, data, and design can be used to improve our civic environment, join us this Tuesday!

BetaTalk - Best of Code for America Summit (#CfASummit) 2015

About the Event:

The Code for America Summit (#CfASummit) is an annual celebration of smart government and civic technology. The #CfASummit is a roll-up-your-sleeves conference that brings together innovators from hundreds of governments across the U.S. along with civic-minded technologists, designers, community organizers, and entrepreneurs.

For this BetaTalk, we have invited NYC’s #CfASummit attendees to share their insights, highlights, and reinforce the local connections made on the other coast. You will get the "Best of CfASummit" even if you could not make the trip.

For this night, eight to ten Code for America Summit speakers and attendees will recap their personal highlights and reconnect the discussions to the work our community's doing locally.

If you attended CfA Summit and we haven't already reached out to you, let us know!

URLs to note:
 - Last year’s 2014 CfA Summit Recap BetaTalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6J6ohz37U

Schedule:
6:30 - Doors open, drinks and mingling
7:00 - Event starts
7:15 - Share backs from #CfASummit attendants
8:15 - Closing insights and questions

Date:
Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM

Location:
Microsoft Civic, 641 Avenue of the Americas, 7th Floor, NY, 10011
Please RSVP with your first and last name and bring an ID.

About - BetaNYC

BetaNYC is a civic organization dedicated to improving lives in New York through civic design, technology, and data.

Founded in 2008 as a “meetup” to discuss open government in NYC, we has evolved to be a key local leader and national partner in civic technology, open data, and open government. Our work empowers individuals and local communities to build a civically‐engaged technology ecosystem and provide for an honest and inclusive government. We want New York’s governments to work for the people, by the people, for the 21st century.

About - Microsoft Technology & Civic Engagement

Microsoft Technology & Civic Innovation partners with a wide range of local community stakeholders, including Code for America and BetaNYC, as well as governments, non-profits, businesses, startups, think tanks, academic institutions, and grassroots civic hackers. Working with these groups, we aim to collaboratively address the most pressing community challenges through the hyper-local creation, deployment, and evangelism of civic technology.  Our areas of focus include data and privacy, 21st century jobs and opportunities, and more responsive and resilient communities.