Mining intent from citibike usage

Ali

Oct 19, 2016, 2:28:01 AM10/19/16
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hi All

I am a graduate student in Computer Science. I have a project in data analytics for which my problem statement is to mine intent from citibike usage data . That is , given the details of the trip, i should be able to predict the user's purpose/intent such as workplace , sight seeing, etc.

The citibike data does not contain any information about the users or their purpose of bike ride. So i need help on the below lines

-> Any inputs/ideas on how can i use this data to learn about user's intent.
-> Any dataset that you know of ,which I can append with citibike data and learn user's intent. For example , which stations classify as tourists,sight seeing,workplaces ,etc.

Regards
@Ali

Alexander Tedeschi

Oct 19, 2016, 11:05:36 AM10/19/16