Kick off CodeAcross NYC with a reception & open data townhall with the NYC’s Chief Analytics Officer!!

Noel Hidalgo

Feb 12, 2015, 7:28:32 PM2/12/15
to citibike...@googlegroups.com

!!THIS JUST IN!!

We are kicking off Code Across with an open data town hall with Dr. Mashariki, the City’s Chief Analytics Officer and the director of the Mayor's Office of Data Analytics (MODA)! Join us Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for #CodeAcross NYC 2015!!

REGISTER HERE!!!! http://codekickoffnyc.eventbrite.com

ASK DR. Mashariki a question here!!! http://bit.ly/1uKZ4Sv

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This year, #CodeAcross NYC is a festival dedicated to NYC’s data and civic technology!

On Friday, we’re kicking off the weekend with a reception and an NYC open data town hall with Dr. Mashariki, NYC’s Chief Analytics Officer. Then, on Saturday and Sunday, we move to Civic Hall for two days of teaching data, making new data, and prototyping tools!

Friday, with Microsoft - http://codekickoffnyc.eventbrite.com

Saturday, at Civic Hall - https://codeacrossnyc2015.eventbrite.com

# About Friday:

We are hosting a kick off reception and town hall interview with New York City’s Chief Analytics Officer, Dr. Amen Ra Mashariki. We are honored to host Dr. Mashariki, a Brooklyn native, graduate of Brooklyn Tech High School, and the former chief technology officer at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Together, we will discuss the future of data within New York City.

Note - If you have a question for Dr. Mashariki, we are using < talk.beta.nyc > to gather questions! Get them in by Monday, 16 Feb 2014. URL - http://bit.ly/1uKZ4Sv

# About the weekend:

CodeAcross NYC is a two day festival of, or related to, civic technology and government data. We are going to teach data, make data, create tools, and make civic technology! We are bringing together government, community based organizations, innovators, academics, and individuals to create effective uses of NYC’s data. CodeAcross NYC is open to all ages and all who want to improve NYC’s data!

## Weekend Objectives:

* Teach or learn how to use and interpret NYC’s Open Data.

* Make new open data by scraping or unlocking static data.

* Create tools and prototypes that help us understand the city’s open data.

## Making Challenges.

* Improving real time notification data and tools.

* Make maps, improve map data, and visualizations.

* Publicly accessible machine readable data.

* Open data science using OSEMN

## Join us online:

* Contribute Data - http://data.beta.nyc

* Outline a problem to work on - http://bit.ly/1ESzhLE

* Host a workshop - http://bit.ly/1z0Oi76

* Look for a partner - http://bit.ly/16ZicRT

Come join us for #CodeAcross NYC 2015 and learn about NYC’s data, create data, and make things on top of data!!!

Friday, with Microsoft - http://codekickoffnyc.eventbrite.com

Saturday, at Civic Hall - https://codeacrossnyc2015.eventbrite.com

# CodeAcross NYC 2015 event partners:

The Mayor's Office of Data Analytics (MODA) is New York City's civic intelligence center, allowing the City to aggregate and analyze data from across City agencies, to more effectively address crime, public safety, and quality of life issues. The office uses analytics tools to prioritize risk more strategically, deliver services more efficiently, enforce laws more effectively and increase transparency.

Microsoft Tech & Civic Engagement - We collaboratively addresses the most pressing community challenges through the creation, deployment, and evangelism of civic technology.

Accela provides civic engagement solutions for government. Accela’s solutions uniquely address the diverse needs of their constituents by making publicly available information more accessible. The Accela Civic Platform includes solutions for land management, asset management, licensing and case management, legislative management, right of way management, citizen relationship management, recreation and resource management, environmental health and safety.

Code for America’s Brigade program is an international network of people committed to using their voices and hands, in collaboration with local governments, to make their cities better.

Civic Hall is New York City’s new home for the civic innovation movement. We use technology, open data, and networks to make our communities, cities, and government work more effectively.

New York Tech Meetup is the largest meetup group in the world and a non-profit organization representing professionals from all parts of the New York technology community. NYTM builds programs and partnerships to support the growth and diversification of the city’s technology industry.

Silicon Harlem was formed to galvanize upper Manhattan companies and residents to embrace our model to Transform Harlem into a Technology and innovation Hub that thrives in the digital economy.