hello. another trip planner/forecaster app and visualization

Jeff Winkler

Aug 4, 2014, 5:34:37 PM8/4/14
to citibike...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  We put together this app to do trip planning and a visualization.  You can choose a pickup/dropoff and it will show current status as well as likely change over the next two hours based on historical data for the current day and time.  Will also suggest best alternative station.  The "Timeline Map" shows use over the course of an average weekday based on data from 6/2/14 to 7/11/14.  More info at https://github.com/jwink/bike-vis.  Lots more work to do on it, including trying to make it mobile friendly but thought would share here in its preliminary version.  Comments/feedback appreciated.  Jeff Winkler/Paul Hiam.

Jeff Winkler

Aug 7, 2014, 10:20:05 AM8/7/14
to citibike...@googlegroups.com
woops...forgot to give the actual app site:  http://bike-vis.herokuapp.com

DneprY

Oct 25, 2016, 5:20:14 AM10/25/16
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hello, Jeff!

I am currently working on some research project based on CitiBike. I wondered, which historical data did you use for prediction?
Was it the data from here https://s3.amazonaws.com/tripdata/index.html? or is it some data that you are constantly collecting from the feed page
https://feeds.citibikenyc.com/stations/stations.json ?

Cheers, Julia.