CNC VCarve 8.5 update?

John2pt0

Jul 21, 2016, 7:38:51 AM7/21/16
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Does our Makerspace subscription to VCarve  include updating? I see a 8->8.5 update mentioned on the Vectric website.

Coy Paeltz

Jul 21, 2016, 8:28:40 AM7/21/16
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Yes

Ryan Hershey

Jul 21, 2016, 8:43:48 AM7/21/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
John -

I believe we're on 8.502 already. The upgraded version was installed at the hive on June 16.

8.505 appears to have been released about a week later. If backward compatibility problems between minor point releases are an immediate problem, let me know. Otherwise Ian or I will apply the upgrade to hive machines sometime this week.

Thanks for mentioning it.

- Ry

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016, at 04:38 AM, John2pt0 wrote:
Does our Makerspace subscription to VCarve  include updating? I see a 8->8.5 update mentioned on the Vectric website.

John2pt0

Jul 21, 2016, 9:47:36 AM7/21/16
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Thanks for the info!

Ian B

Jul 21, 2016, 10:33:35 AM7/21/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

I updated all three machines to the latest version wednesday morning. :)

- Ian B.