Car Rescue/Engine Hoist help?

Raven Abird

Aug 18, 2017, 6:13:28 AM8/18/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
SOOOOOO

My thursday evening  took a new twist..
My car is in a parking lot in WV 5 hours away with a blown engine (he thinks it may be a rod)

I'd loaned my Mazda to a friend to  take on a trip,   My friend checked over the car beforehand,   including doing some brake work  as a thankyou for the  use of it. everything seemed to be ok.

On the trip home, the car died at an intersection,  it's been rolled to a nearby Park and Ride lot,  where it should be safe  for a while.  I am weighing options, and if it looks like we may try to get the car back here and see about putting a new engine in. (depending on price and availability of replacement engines)

The brakes on my Van have problems right now,  If we can get the Van's brakes taken care of,  it could tow  the Mazda back from WV on a Uhaul tow dolly,

Does anyone know of another Towing vehicle that might be begged/borrowed on saturday or more likely sunday  (or next week)?

And  does anyone know where I could beg/borrow an engine hoist for a while?

pipi...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2017, 7:50:12 AM8/18/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I have a hoist you can use as long as you need. You'll need to pick it up though. It's a fold away style, about 5 feet high folded up.

Raven Abird

Aug 18, 2017, 5:26:25 PM8/18/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Thankyouthankyouthankyou Brett!!

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:50 AM, <pipi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a hoist you can use as long as you need.  You'll need to pick it up though. It's a fold away style, about 5 feet high folded up.

pipi...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2017, 6:11:11 PM8/18/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Call or text me we'll set you up.