Meeting tonight

Brad Walsh

Sep 26, 2017, 11:19:11 AM9/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

As usual we have our weekly general meeting tonight at 7:30pm.  This is always open to members, non-members, and new-comers alike.

If you can't come to the meeting in person but would still like to attend, you can always remote in.
You can use this link: appear.in/hive13

Something will be set up to host people at around 7:20pm.

I should be at the meeting tonight.

I think there is only one vote for the Lear to Solder supplies.

After the meeting we should be able to see the International Space Station:
Time: Tue Sep 26 8:35 PM, Visible: 5 min, Max Height: 84°, Appears: 10° above SW, Disappears: 19° above NE

Brad

President | Hive13

Ian B

Sep 26, 2017, 2:58:11 PM9/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

FYI, I will not be able to make it to the meeting tonight, someone else will need to set up the remote attendance cart.

- Ian B.

mhorn...@yahoo.com

Sep 26, 2017, 6:52:42 PM9/26/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
ugg... I am on third shift now, and went to a job interview not a few blocks away from the hive this morning. Missed the 3 lane quick merge to the left and ended up in KY. I will likely not have had enough coffee to even process prepping for next work day when the meeting starts. Bummer. On the plus side, if I take a job down the street, I'd be able to visit more often.

Brad Walsh

Oct 3, 2017, 6:48:06 PM10/3/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

As usual we have our weekly general meeting tonight at 7:30pm.  This is always open to members, non-members, and new-comers alike.

If you can't come to the meeting in person but would still like to attend, you can always remote in.
You can use this link: appear.in/hive13

Something will be set up to host people at around 7:20pm.

I will not be at the meeting tonight as our son is recovering from surgery (he's doing great). I may use the appear.in to check in.

I do not think there is a vote tonight.
The Maker Faire is this weekend. I think we have enough Learn to Solder supplies and it looks like we have two (count them TWO) trebuchets to play with.

The sign up sheet for the Faire is pretty sparse. If anyone can come down, even for an hour or two, that would be great.

The bead blaster booth is working but I think it is just too fine for the general work we do. I'm going to look into getting a gun for more coarse work (they are pretty cheap). I'm thinking it might also be nice to get a much larger cabinet for heavier work. I think they are in the $500-$750 range. I'll start a thread on the board.

If someone could setup and run the meeting that would be great!

See some of you this weekend at the Maker Faire! (rest of you losers can just dream about being there 😃)

Brad

President | Hive13

Raven Abird

Oct 3, 2017, 7:53:21 PM10/3/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Laugh, we just got rid of the bigger, coarser, blasting cabinet..
Granted, it was a cruddy cabinet..
But there was talk about reworking it into a better cabinet....

Brad Walsh

Oct 3, 2017, 9:01:08 PM10/3/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
 Actually my first thought is just to get a cheap gun with coarse media, and try to cabinet we have. But I think the volume is too small. But let’s go one step at a time.

Brad
--
Thanks, Brad

Brad Walsh

Oct 10, 2017, 5:43:08 PM10/10/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

As usual we have our weekly general meeting tonight at 7:30pm.  This is always open to members, non-members, and new-comers alike.

If you can't come to the meeting in person but would still like to attend, you can always remote in.
You can use this link: appear.in/hive13

Something will be set up to host people at around 7:20pm.

I will be down at the Hive to unload the gear from the Maker Faire last weekend. Of course we decided to wait on unloading because of the rain, and now it is raining.. . .

Brad

President | Hive13

Michael Bell-Horwath

Oct 12, 2017, 7:34:54 AM10/12/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I didn't make it to the meeting this week, but I was wondering how the Maker Faire went on Sunday. Did anyone get pictures of the trebuchets in action?

Also wanted to ask about whether Hive wants to keep my trebuchet as a donation for future events.  If not, I can pick it up and will probably sell or cannibalize it.

Cheers,
Mike

Brad Walsh

Oct 12, 2017, 8:13:12 AM10/12/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I think it went well. Thanks for your help.
Your Trebuchet was used for most of Sat afternoon. I think it was launching basketballs over 100 ft.  I spent most of my time at the learn to solder booth. I think Nancy, Jim and Tim worked outside most of the day.  I seem to remember there’s only one “incident “. 😳

 We had to disassemble your Trebuchet  to get it in the van, but all the parts are still there and it can be reused. I don’t know if we really need another one. We can help you reclaim the parts. The release catch is the coolest part.

Thanks again for your help.

Brad
--
Thanks, Brad