Intro to mill and metal lathe

Russel Clem

Apr 26, 2017, 10:12:33 AM4/26/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Brad mentioned in the meeting Tuesday that he would like to know who has interest in a class for the mill and the lathe for metal.  Put me on the list.  I'll be traveling the week of May 1, but I should be flexible otherwise.

Brad Walsh

Apr 26, 2017, 10:16:29 AM4/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes, if people could post to this thread with their interest and availability window, I'll try and setup classes.

Thanks,

Brad

Tim Wagner

Apr 26, 2017, 5:23:21 PM4/26/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I'd be down for a refresher on the Hive mill and lathe. I've taken the class before, but it's been too long since I last used it.

Sundays and Wednesdays don't work for me, and the May 6th weekend I'm occupied, but I'm pretty open outside of that.

Tim W.

Kristen Butler

Apr 26, 2017, 6:38:48 PM4/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
My membership has lapsed but if this is aimed at complete beginners, I'd be interested in reupping and joining. Pretty open flexibility.

Thanks!

Brad Walsh

Apr 26, 2017, 7:06:09 PM4/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry for not being more descriptive about the class.

If you look on the website the description should be on one of the previous classes.

Very basic, more about how to not hurt yourself and not damage the equipment. The idea is to get you comfortable enough to play around and then learn more. I think mist people are too intimidated to get started. This would get you started.

I'd be happy to talk more if you have any questions.

Brad

--
Thanks, Brad

Mike Nute

Apr 26, 2017, 11:05:18 PM4/26/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I would definitely be interested. Weekends are best right now as I have travel spattered through the next four weeks or so, but if it's on a weeknight and I'm in town I will come.

Mike

Brad Walsh

Apr 26, 2017, 11:06:12 PM4/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Probably be on a Sat or Sunday. Usually I do 10-12 for the mill and 1-3 for the lathe.

Thanks,

Brad

Mike Nute

Apr 26, 2017, 11:16:37 PM4/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Count me in then :-)

Michael Nute
Mike...@gmail.com

Alex MacDonald

Apr 28, 2017, 11:58:12 AM4/28/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I would be interested. Sundays ate most ideal for me, but I could make a Saturday work.

Brad Walsh

Apr 28, 2017, 7:14:01 PM4/28/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like we have enough interest.
Now we get to pick a date.
I'm thinking May 13th (Saturday). Mill 10-12, Lathe 1-3.
I'll pencil it in on my calendar, let me know if that works for most of you.

Thanks,

Brad

Tim Wagner

Apr 30, 2017, 2:38:10 PM4/30/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
No complaints on my end.

Tim W.

Mike Nute

Apr 30, 2017, 7:04:13 PM4/30/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I cleared it with the wife. I'm in.

Mike

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 2:38 PM Tim Wagner <busyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
No complaints on my end.

Tim W.

Michael Nute
Mike...@gmail.com

Kristen Butler

May 1, 2017, 10:52:49 AM5/1/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to attend, but please let me know if you do a future class!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hive13 Hackerspace" group.

Tiffany Bell-Horwath

May 2, 2017, 9:50:24 AM5/2/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Did you get this on eventbrite? I got a buddy interested in it

Brad Walsh

May 2, 2017, 10:00:16 AM5/2/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes put it up last night.
Should be on the Hive main page.
--
Thanks, Brad

Tim Wagner

May 2, 2017, 10:48:19 PM5/2/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I'd like to attend both sessions, but as a heads up I already have a small block of aluminum and a HSS end mill.

Tim W.

Brad Walsh

May 2, 2017, 11:27:07 PM5/2/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
No sweat. The funds are just to cover the costs. I don't do it for the money (maybe I should).

Feel free to just come by.

Thanks,

Brad

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Tim Wagner <busyg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to attend both sessions, but as a heads up I already have a small block of aluminum and a HSS end mill.

Tim W.

Anthony P

May 10, 2017, 11:46:55 AM5/10/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I'd like to attend the lathe class this Saturday. Can I just bring $5 in cash instead of doing the Eventbrite?

Brad Walsh

May 10, 2017, 11:59:58 AM5/10/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Sure.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:46 AM Anthony P <antp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to attend the lathe class this Saturday. Can I just bring $5 in cash instead of doing the Eventbrite?

Thanks, Brad

pipi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 4:49:44 PM5/11/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I'll be there for the mill class, with cash.

Russel Clem

May 11, 2017, 9:32:36 PM5/11/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I just signed up my oldest son Josh for the classes. Eventbrite probably shows two tickets for me for each of the classes although I tried to change the registration name in each.