CNC router class June 24 (Sat)

John2pt0

Jun 12, 2017, 2:34:07 PM6/12/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Get certified to use the Hive 13 CNC router!

Class is 10-4, Sat June 24

Sign up at the Eventbrite URL:
($20 for Hive13 members, $30 for nonmembers; you get a mill and a piece of plywood to practice on)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hive13-intro-to-the-cnc-router-tickets-35354213404\

To use our CNC router, you need to take this class, then have a Hive 13 CNC docent watch you run your own (simple) project.

After taking the class, you can contact a Hive 13 machinist via this mailing list.

See you there!

John2pt0

TechArtGuy

Jun 12, 2017, 8:12:12 PM6/12/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Of course this would be on the weekend I'm on another motorcycle trip. Haven't purchased the carbon fiber or carbide tooling yet for the purpose so will wait until the next availability.

John2pt0

Jun 13, 2017, 8:54:44 AM6/13/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I don't think we want carbon fiber debris floating around the Hive anyway.

That's why we are setting up our miniCNC as a closed system for cutting PC boards.
That's for fiberglass, but carbon fiber is described as similar in hazard.

Maybe you can cut it in there.

John2pt0

Kerensa Juniper

Jun 20, 2017, 8:28:58 PM6/20/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I have other commitments on Saturdays. But I would like to make arrangements to do CNC certification on another day. All day Sunday, Monday or Thursday (negotiable, depending on work schedule or lack thereof at the moment). I would even be willing to pay a little extra for this.
-kerensa

John2pt0

Jun 21, 2017, 9:00:20 AM6/21/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Kerensa

I will look at my schedule.  Is some time in July OK?

John2pt0

Brent Hill

Jun 21, 2017, 3:48:01 PM6/21/17
to cincihackerspace
I'm also interested in the class but this weekend is the Amateur Radio annual field day which I had already planned on helping with.

John2pt0

Jun 22, 2017, 9:52:43 AM6/22/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Brent

Next planned weekend class is for August.

John2pt0

Mike Nute

Jun 22, 2017, 3:07:28 PM6/22/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
If you're going to do some time in July on a non-Saturday, I would be interested in joining that session if possible.

John2pt0

Jun 26, 2017, 8:10:51 AM6/26/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I'll post if it becomes available.