Talk at Meeting tonight?

Raven Abird

Jun 14, 2016, 1:05:38 PM6/14/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Is tonight the night they're going to have the talk on hackers and depression at the meeting?

Onß Tuesday, June 14, 2016, Brad ß <brad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes from me if
> Ubiquiti hardware is nice!!
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Ian Blais <ae...@hive13.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Short version: I am proposing a budget of $150 for the purposes of acquiring a new Wireless Access Point for the space.
>>
>> Long Version: Some of you may have noticed network connection at the space has been cutting in and out occasionally. It is intermittent which makes it difficult to track down but I believe it is being caused by our wireless access point. This AP is old and even if I could fix it it would likely break in some new and fantastic way relatively soon. The plan instead is to purchase us a Ubiquiti AP AC Pro (~$130. The budget has some wiggle room in case I need additional cables, etc.) which gives us WAY better speeds and WAY more stability. I will also be relocating the access point to a better location while I'm at it. The current location/orientation is less than ideal for maximizing signal strength and coverage.
>>
>> Side note: I wont be at the next meeting when this is actually voted on. So put me down for a yes :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ian B.

Jim Dallam

Jun 14, 2016, 1:44:40 PM6/14/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it did not come together for tonight.

JimD

Raven Abird

Jun 15, 2016, 5:50:38 AM6/15/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
umm  apparently it did.

Jim Dallam

Jun 15, 2016, 6:18:21 AM6/15/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for my providing misinformation.  I did not reconfirm initial plans with Chris to make the usual pre-event publicity post to the blog, so presumed it was delayed.  Chris came anyway and did a good and valued presentation to the large group that was at the meeting.  He has interest to start a support group going forward and we will get the word out for this.

JimD

Kevin S

Jun 15, 2016, 9:23:08 AM6/15/16
to Unknown

I would be extremely interested if he has a Facebook or contact.

Kevin S

Jun 15, 2016, 9:25:51 AM6/15/16
to Unknown

I am so bummed I missed it, anyone film it? Just as a thought it would be pretty bad ass to film presentations at the hive if the people give the ok. I'm sure Dustin, Lorin, and myself could throw a group together to get the ball rolling lol.

Chris Anderson

Jun 15, 2016, 2:33:38 PM6/15/16
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

I gave the talk, but I am going to do it again on July 12th.

Kevin S

Jun 15, 2016, 3:48:29 PM6/15/16
to Unknown

Awesome to hea!