Books by the Banks volunteers

Michael Horwath

Oct 9, 2015, 11:52:02 AM10/9/15
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Maker-fair season is not quite over!  Books by the Banks is next Saturday at the Duke Energy Convention Center.  This event is mostly a chance to meet authors and buy books, but they will also have a makerspace room, which Hive13 will be sharing with the library makerspace people.

Right now it's just myself and Ellie as confirmed volunteers.  We would like to bring learn-to-solder, recycled cup planters, and a display of Hive13 stuff.. but we could use some help to do all this.  Please respond if you can help!

Day: Saturday 10/17
Location:  Duke Energy Convention Center,
Time:
11AM-12:  Leave Hive13, setup
12-4PM: event
4-5PM: pack up, return

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Horwath

Oct 14, 2015, 5:49:30 PM10/14/15
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I missed the meeting last night due to catching flu from my adorable 1-year-old disease vector...did we get any more volunteers for books by the banks?

Here's where we are on stuff to bring:
  • We can do the standard display table with 3D printed stuff, John's apiary, my robot, pamphlets, etc
  • We have the green light to do learn-to-solder, but I don't think it makes sense with just 2 volunteers.
  • The library people are getting a bunch of plastic cups and stuff for DIY planters (like the ones by the Hive13 sink). I will bring instructions and a few already put together. This should only require a little bit of supervision on our part.
  • I'd like to bring some kind of interactive build-it-yourself, such as those laser cut shapes Elly and John made for past events.  There's also http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:172769
  • If anyone has a project or activity they want to show off, we can probably still include it.

Anyway...I'd like to tell Books by the Banks what we are bringing ASAP, but I want to know if we can muster more than 2 volunteers before I answer.  This is a busy event and will probably have several 100 people coming by our area.

Mike

Jon Neal

Oct 16, 2015, 1:04:29 PM10/16/15
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

I will help out with where ever it is needed most.

Jon

Mike Horwath

Oct 16, 2015, 4:47:20 PM10/16/15
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jon!!
told library we are probably not bringing learn-to-solder.
Mike