Potluck: 6/27/17

Elly Hall

Jun 20, 2017, 5:14:37 PM6/20/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

We'll be having our next potluck next week, Tuesday June 27, 2017!

Let's come up with a fun theme this time :)  Any ideas??

Elly
Message has been deleted

Greg Arnold (COO)

Jun 21, 2017, 5:44:57 PM6/21/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
Just to pull forward some of the hideous ideas discussed at the meeting:

  • It's June, which makes me think of June bugs, so a theme of "Things that Crunch"
  • Fermented Things
    • Anyone bringing Kim Chee will be immolated
  • Cold Things
  • Flammable Things
  • Things that no-one likes
  • Deceptive Foods
    • e.g. a vanilla cake dyed brown
  • Bakerspace (hurr, hurr)
    • For the more dense of you, this is a play on  us being a Makerspace, and is things that are baked

Elly Hall

Jun 26, 2017, 6:14:56 PM6/26/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I say we go with "bakerspace" - things that are baked.

I'll be bringing chocolate chip cookies! :)

Russel Clem

Jun 27, 2017, 10:59:54 AM6/27/17
to Hive13 Hackerspace
I will be there in spirit, since I am in South Carolina. I will try to find something baked, but it will probably be baked and then fried or just fried,

Brad Walsh

Jun 27, 2017, 11:06:32 AM6/27/17
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I think frying is an extreme form of baking. Instead of hot air it has hot oil, which is also a fluid, so frying=baking. :)

Thanks,

Brad