June 24th Meeting - "WWDC without a ticket" and "iOS 8 / Yosemite"

Christopher Judd

Jun 20, 2014, 9:31:21 PM6/20/14
to ci...@googlegroups.com
Our next CIDUG meeting is June 24th and is a presentation by
Jeff Bailey & Ron McCamish entitled "WWDC without a ticket" and "iOS 8/Yosemite".

The presentation will begin at 6:30.

For this event, we will be meeting at the OCLC. The address is

Kilgour Auditorium or presentation room
6600 Kilgour Place
Dublin, Ohio   43017-3395

Abstract:

"WWDC without a ticket"

We'll start with a short talk about Jeff's recent experience heading to San Francisco without a ticket to WWDC.  The talk will focus on AltConf, a free community led conference across the street from WWDC.  Jeff will hit the highlights of the conference, give you a taste of what else was happening in town that week and provide some tips if you want to try it yourself next year.

"iOS 8 / Yosemite"

Ron will facilitate a roundtable discussion on topics from 2014 WWDC such as OS Weed, Craig’s Hair, Swift, TouchID, the Kits (Health, Home and Cloud), Handoff, Keyboards, Metal, Xcode, Modern Webkit and Notifications.

The NDA veil has lifted - bring your thoughts, questions, opinions on how our world will change in the next year.  Will you be in the playground?

Bio:

Jeff Bailey is an independent iOS contractor and app developer.  He enjoys working with clients to help them build great enterprise and consumer apps.  Prior to getting bit by the Apple bug, Jeff was an Enterprise Java contractor and employee at a number of different companies, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.  You can find him on twitter @jeffbailey or at http://www.fourthframe.com.

Ron McCamish is an Enterprise Architect for NetJets in Columbus, OH where he currently leads several iOS projects in their mobility space. Ron has many years of software development experience and has developed large systems in C, C++ and JEE for Fortune 500 companies, bioinformatic startups and scientific publications.  Ron has always had a passion for mobile computing and Apple easily fuels this passion.  Catch him on twitter @karch or at http://www.arounddublin.com

Doug Davies

Jun 25, 2014, 11:26:08 AM6/25/14
to ci...@googlegroups.com
Great presentation last night Jeff & Ron!  There are so many of those topics that could fill the next 10 cidug meetings.  Hopefully we can keep having them, even if it's just an informal discussion.

doug

Ron McCamish

Jun 26, 2014, 9:43:34 PM6/26/14
to ci...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Doug - I totally agree.

Here’s a challenge to the group.   I’ll give a 5-15 minute presentation on some topic for iOS 8 / Yosemite if someone else will do the same on a different topic based on iOS 8 / Yosemite.

Next meeting date - July 22.     Who’s in?   What’s your topic?    Deadline for submission to this challenge is July 8 - that gives us 2 weeks to gather together a topic.

Add’l who else will also match yet another person for 2 more presentations?    If 2 people match 2 other people for short presentations, we will easily have an hour plus of topics.

Sound good?

ron….