CHOPUG's August meeting.. Looking ahead

0 vue

Sean Prunka

non lue,
18 juil. 2012, 10:05:1018/07/2012
à chopug-...@meetup.com,cho...@googlegroups.com
We have a potential sponsor for the August meeting. WillowTree Apps
here in Charlottesville would like to come to a meeting, meet us and
sponsor it.
I've asked them to give a short talk on the Mobile Web Apps portion of
their business. If they accept, that will be the talk.
If they don't want to, I am looking for volunteers to do a talk
related the Mobile Web. (If no one volunteers, I'll throw something
together.)

Additionally, Chobani is sending us some coupons and a case of yogurt,
because I asked nicely and we both use the CHO designation. I actually
just tweeted to them as a joke, but the did reach out to us and said
they'd love to send us some stuff.

August's meeting is going to hard to follow up...which is why I'd like
to think ahead to September already.
If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or topics they would like to
present, *PLEASE* step forward!
Speaking at your local user group is a great experience to add to your
resume, and is great practice for speaking at conferences!
Let's get those ideas flowing!
Additionally, if you have an idea that you would like to hear about,
but don't have the experience yourself, submit it as a topic and
hopefully someone will pick it and make a presentation from it!

In order for the group to survive and thrive, we all need to help make
it what we want it to be. I need your help and feedback so that I can
try to organize us into the group we want to be.

Do you want just an evening of socializing? Do you want presentations?
Do you want micro-hackathons (coding dojos?) What do we all want from
this group?

Thanks!
Hope to see you August 21st and hear from you before then!

--Sean Prunka

Brandon Blackmoor

non lue,
18 juil. 2012, 10:25:4618/07/2012
à CHOPUG,cho...@googlegroups.com
I picked up a book on PHP Design Patterns at phptek in Chicago. I think
it could be interesting to have someone talk about that. I am completely
new to using design patterns.

--
Kind regards,
Brandon Blackmoor

Brandon Blackmoor

non lue,
21 août 2012, 23:23:5921/08/2012
à Sean Prunka,CHOPUG,cho...@googlegroups.com
I enjoyed meeting everyone. Next time I will listen more and talk less.

--
Kind regards,
Brandon Blackmoor