make rocket compile error

전성일

Nov 20, 2017, 12:17:43 AM11/20/17
to chisel-users
Hi chisel users,

I tried to compile my own configuration class to make a w/o L1 D-cache design to program on FPGA zc706 series.

My configuration file name is myTinyFPGAZynqConfig.scala

and the file consists of

--------------------------------------
package zynq

import cde.{Parameters, Config, CDEMatchError{
import rocketchip._
import rocket._
import coreplex.BuildTiles
import uncore.devices.NTiles
import uncore.tilelink.TLId
import uncore.agents.NAcquireTransactors
import testchipip._
import chisel3._

class myTinyFPGAZynqConfig extends Config(new TinyConfig ++ new ZynqConfig)

--------------------------------------

When I compile like this :
~/work/fpga-zynq/zc706 $ make rocket CONFIG=myTinyFPGAZynqConfig

the error comes out!!
[error] (run-main-0) java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

When I compile ZynqConfig which is not my own configuration but default configuration
~/work/fpga-zynq/zc706 $ make rocket CONFIG=ZynqConfig

This is compiled successfully.

I think when I make configuration file, there would be some kind of rules to compile successfully.
How to solve this problem?

Thanks.

John Burke

Nov 20, 2017, 7:24:28 AM11/20/17
to chisel-users
Since this was asked and answered successfully in the RISC-V HW group, linking the thread from there in case anyone else gets stuck in the future with this:

In RISC-V HW Dev