Search Chinese songs with Chinese characters in iOS v8.3?

Ant

Jul 4, 2015, 4:59:57 PM7/4/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Is it possible to search for Chinese songs in an iPhone 6 (iOS v8.3)'s synched music collection that were imported from audio CDs? It works fine for English, but not with Chinese characters.

Thank you in advance. :)

Jim 持夢 Gottlieb

Jul 4, 2015, 10:37:34 PM7/4/15
to chine...@googlegroups.com

On 2015-07-04 (土), at 13:59, Ant <a...@zimage.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to search for Chinese songs in an iPhone 6 (iOS v8.3)'s synched music collection that were imported from audio CDs?

Yes. I do it all the time. I just checked iOS 8.4 and it works fine there too. The only caveat is that if the title is in 简体 and you search using 繁体, it won't find it, and vice-versa.

Actually, it doesn't matter if the music was originally imported from CDs or not; what matters is that you have all the artist/album/title information in iTunes before you sync.